Repeating trials causing looping problem

Please, please, please could someone help me find out what’s wrong with my file? :confused:

I have an experiment which plays fine if only a single trial is run, but as soon as 2 or more trials are included, it goes into a horrible looping of one of the audio files.

I’ve attached a zip which includes the 2 sounds files needed and the Superlab file, which should run as follows:

• 4 secs inter-trial interval
  • TTL output to external monitoring device to indicate subsequent tone presentation (this seems to work fine)
  • 5 secs tone, to which the subject should be make a button press response to indicate the target
  • 60ms inter-trial interval (it’s a prepulse inhbition (PPI) study, so timing of this is crucial)
  • TTL output to external monitoring device to indicate subsequent tone presentation (again, this seems to be okay)
  • 40ms loud white noise burst (THIS IS THE ONE!!! Plays fine if only a single trial used, but loops endlessly, if followed by another trial. :mad:

Would be really, really grateful if anyone could identify the problem. :smiley:

Many thanks. :slight_smile:

PPI expt.zip (47.5 KB)

Seems I’ve solved it! Superlab didn’t like a file that was only 40ms long, so I’ve added a period of silence to make the whole file 0.5 secs. Now it plays fine. :slight_smile: