Removing Instructions

Hi All,

I’m going mad! I’m developing an experiment and so far I have an instruction screen followed by a screen showing two black and white photos side by side. The participant has to press the Space Bar to move from the instructions to the photo screen. when I run it the Space Bar does indeed move from the instructions to the photos, but the instruction text stays stubbornly on the screen UNDERNEATH the photos! I’m sure there is a box I haven’t ticked, or something simple I haven’t done, but it’s driving me crazy! I have clicked the button for ‘move to next event after any response’ button on the instructions event, but it isn’t having any effect. Help please!

Cheers
Beany

Go to the Settings tab, then Presentation Options within the Event Editor. Can you tell me if Erase screen before presenting stimulus is selected?

Hi Monika,

Yes, it is - I’ve tried it with it selected and not selected but get the same result each time!

Cheers
Beany

Are you able to post the experiment?

I’ll try - it’s not completed yet, this is just the beginning so don’t expect perfection! You’ll also see that the same thing happens when the single face appears at the end, probably the same error.

Thanks
Beany

Version 1 practice.sl4 (7.06 KB)

Thank you Beany. Can you post the experiment as an Experiment Package? I could not run the experiment because the files were not attached. You can find the Experiment Package option under the File menu within SuperLab.