ISI and Serial Output

What I am having a problem with is programming Superlab so that in one block a participant is presented with one of three stimuli, followed by a variable inter-stimulus interval, and for this to repeat up to 30 times. However, I have not been able to get the isi to show up between events. Here is how the experiment is layed out:

I have a block containing 1 trial and that trial contains 4 events. 3 events are serial output events and the 4th event is and inter-stimulus interval.

In the isi event I have the isi duration set to 1milisecond and it is set to not end until a time limit. The time limit is set to variable isi durations of 1000, 3000, and 5000 milliseconds.

On the trial level it is set up to randomize the events every time the trial is presented except the first event (the isi). This same setting is being used for other blocks/trials in my experiment and they are working fine. The difference is the other trials contain a stimulus lists because of the event types (audio and picture).

Also, when I look at the data from the experiment, it shows that the isi should be occuring between each of the events, but it is not. I am running superlab on a Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Any ideas?

Can you please post your experiment as an Experiment Package? You can find this under the File menu in SuperLab.

Monika,

I actually managed to figure it out myself. I randomized on the block level instead of the trial level so it works now.

Thanks