miliseconds

Hello, I was wondering if you could help me. I have set up a letter rotation experiment for my 2nd year psychology class and for some reason the timer seems to have stopped. The experiment was working and then suddenly it stopped and on the first presented stimuli it doesn’t moved on the timer. Can you help please? Also how do I set up so the stimulus is random but the response page and ‘ready’ page are always presented before and after each letter?

Thank you

Natalie :slight_smile:

Practical 2 experiment 2010.sl4 (38.6 KB)

Can you send your experiment as an Experiment Package? This is found under the File menu within SuperLab. I cannot run the experiment in the format you posted.

I’m sorry I can’t see how to do that?

Thank you

Natalie

I will contact you through private message.

I’m sorry I don’t unless I’m being silly. If I click on add a file that doesn’t come up as an option.

Thank you

Natalie

When you are in the main screen of SuperLab, you should see on the upper menu bar, File, Edit, Experiment, View, Window and Help. Click on File, a pull down menu appears, here you will see Create an Experiment Package.

Oh I understand, sorry I thought you meant on here. I have attached the experimental package.

Many thanks,

Natalie

Practical 2 experiment 2010.1.zip (557 KB)

I ran your experiment on a Mac and on Windows, and the experiment ran with no problem. When you say the timer stopped, does this have to do with the reaction time in your data file? Or, is SuperLab stalling or crashing?

Superlab seems to be crashing. After the practice instructions, it crashes on the first number. It should flash for 1000ms and then move onto the normal or mirror screen but it freezes. Also is it possible to randomise the letters and numbers without changing the position of ‘ready’ and the response page?

Many thanks,

Natalie

When SuperLab freezes, are you able to press the “esc” key to exit out of the experiment? What operating system are you using, XP, Windows 7, 32 or 64 bit? Can you also check what version of SuperLab you have? Within SuperLab, go to the Help menu and choose About SuperLab 4.0.

We have superlab 4.0 and we are using it on windows xp. If I press esc it does end the experiment.

Thank you

Thank you for all your help. I checked Superlab today and the experiment is running properly.

Thank you

Natalie