Yamaha keyboard interface (w/Biopac EEG recording); any known issues with timing?

In an upcoming experiment, we will be using a piano keyboard as an
input device to SuperLab. The keyboard will most likely be a Yamaha
CBX-K2. This keyboard has been used in published literature in a similar
paradigm. Are there any members who can comment regarding the accuracy
of response times using this or similar piano keyboard input devices?

Thanks so much,

Barbara Luka, Ph.D.
Cognitive Psychology
Bard College
Annandale-on-Hudson, NY

I am not aware of anyone who has built something like this. The path of “least resistance” would be to find a MIDI-compatible keyboard, but we do not have MIDI support built into SuperLab. You might have a solution if you can find a MIDI-to-serial port converter (try this search).

What input options are available for serial port interface?

I have a midi-to-USB converter. How do I get SuperLab to accept inputs from a USB port? If I were to get a midi to serial port converter, how would I get SuperLab to accept inputs from the serial port? I need SuperLab to distinguish keypresses on the midi piano keyboard the way it would from a computer keyboard.

If you were to get a MIDI-to-serial port converter, the easiest way in SuperLab would be to tell it that you are using the RB Series Earlier Response Pad Models input. See this page for a description of the output of these models. Ideally, the MIDI-to-serial port converter would be able to generate bytes that are compatible with the RB Series earlier models.

[QUOTE=Barbara Luka;3022]In an upcoming experiment in pianos lessons, we will be using a piano keyboard as an
input device to SuperLab. The keyboard will most likely be a Yamaha
CBX-K2. This keyboard has been used in published literature in a similar
paradigm. Are there any members who can comment regarding the accuracy
of response times using this or similar piano keyboard input devices?

Thanks so much,

Barbara Luka, Ph.D.
Cognitive Psychology
Bard College
Annandale-on-Hudson, NY[/QUOTE]I have used Yamaha
CBX-K2 and am truly satisfied with its overall performance… Im satisfied with its accuracy of response time…