Help: RSVP task - specific response for specific stimulus list

Hello everyone,

I’m using SuperLab for the first time and need to design a RSVP task (attentional blink paradigm) for my undergrad dissertation.

This is how it goes:

Each trial has 15 images - 13 distractor images and 2 target images which are faces.
The target images will be presented at specific time lags, and the faces have 3 different emotions: happy, sad or neutral
for example, a trial where T1 is a happy face and T2 is a sad face:
D=distractor, T1=target 1, t2=target 2

DDD T1 D T2 DDDDDDDDD
DDD T1 DD T2 DDDDDDDD
DDD T1 DDD T2 DDDDDDD
DDD T1 DDDDD T2 DDDDD
DDD T1 DDDDDD T2 DDDD
DDD T1 DDDDDDD T2 DDD

I have created a stimulus list for each of the above event lines. I will further create the similar pattern above for the following T1 - T2 combinations:

Happy- Sad
Sad - Happy
Happy- Neutral
Neutral- Happy
Sad- Neutral
Neutral Sad

HOwever this is where I am stuck:

After each event line, participant will need to respond which emotion they perceived for T1 and T2. I have created another trial and stimulus list for the response. But how can i be sure, when I randomize the trials, that the response event will be linked to the right event line above (as i need to take in to consideration time lag and the target emotionality)

If I add the response to each stimulus list, it does not appear only at the end,only but requires a response after each stimulus list item.

I am lost and really need help PLEASE. I am waiting for my ethics packet to be approved and should start running by next week.

I have attached my draft experiment: it is still not complete and still have to figure out a few other things like the cue… but the response issue i my major worry right now :frowning:

Draft1.sl4 (25.3 KB)

I am unable to run the experiment with only the .SL4 file. Please open the experiment, click on the File menu, and choose Create an Experiment Package. This causes SuperLab to put the experiment and all stimuli files into a single file. Then upload the package.

Alternatively, if you are in a real rush, please call.

Hello!

Thanks for your reply.
I tried playing around with the options and this is what I have as my final expt. unfotunralte i cant upload the zip file.

It seems okay, not the most practical way perhaps, but it looks like it will run just fine.

Could you help me out with randomizing the stimulus lists? Im a bit confused about how to do it.

for example, each block is linked to 6 cues+ 6 trials + 6 responses in total.
Each cue trial has only 1 event ‘cue’
Each trial has 1 stimulus list (15 items)
Each response is linked to 2 ‘response events’

While running, the 6 trials run in the order they are placed in the trials, but I would like to randomize them, together with their respective response so that I can see when a correct response is made or not.

thanks

Is there anyway that you can post the experiment on Dropbox or somewhere in the cloud, and then either post the link or send it to me? It would really clarify a lot.