Assign location after audio stimuli presented

Hi
I’m a new user of SuperLab and facing some difficulties to create the following experiment. I have a list of audio stimulus (based on infant vocalizations) that I want to present to different adults each time. What I have in mind is that when listening each stimulus from the list they have to point (w/mouse) across a continuum line segment anchored as “GIRL” (left end) and “BOY” (right end), indicating their response based on an approach to these extremes. In using a Visual Analogue Scale like the one I’m trying to create, any response should be considered as correct. I already created an experience that, after hearing a stimulus, the answer is given by Keyboard-Single keys (“G” for girl, "B"for boy) but it’s not just a matter of dichotomous response that I pretend from the adults. So it’s really important to save data in terms of the distance between the response location and one of the anchors. Also the line should have no marks/numbering. Anyone can help me with this?

You can emulate a scale that can be clicked on by creating a number of mouse contiguous areas, that happen to overlap the graphics of a line.

[QUOTE=joaoreigado;3917]Hi
I’m a new user of SuperLab and facing some difficulties to create the following experiment. I have a list of audio stimulus (based on infant vocalizations) that I want to present to different adults each time. What I have in mind is that when listening each stimulus from the list they have to point (w/mouse) across a continuum line segment anchored as “GIRL” (left end) and “BOY” (right end), indicating their response based on an approach to these extremes. In using a Visual Analogue Scale like the one I’m trying to create, any response should be considered as correct. I already created an experience that, after hearing a stimulus, the answer is given by Keyboard-Single keys (“G” for girl, "B"for boy) but it’s not just a matter of dichotomous response that I pretend from the adults. So it’s really important to save data in terms of the distance between the response location and one of the anchors. Also the line should have no marks/numbering. Anyone can help me with this?[/QUOTE]

Did you get a valid answer to this query? I want to do something similar.