Problem with installing driver for RB-730

I’m having a problem with installing the driver for the RB-730 response pad on my Windows PC (Windows XP, SP2). When I connect the response pad to my PC, it is detected as a “USB<-> Serial” device (is this all right?). I downloaded the driver file (the one below) and unzipped it as shown in the instruction.
http://www.cedrus.com/support/rb_series/rbx30_win_drivers_07122003.exe
But when I try to install the driver following the instruction, Hardware Wizard says it cannot detect necessary software. So the pad is detected but the driver cannot be installed. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?
(I’m not sure if this is relevant, but all the DIP switches are in the down position.)

Thanks in advance,

Eiji

Hello Eiji,

It seems like you have a response pad that was not programmed properly by the factory. When you first plug it to your computer, it should say “RB-x30 Response Pad” and not “USB <-> Serial” device. I’ll send you a private message on how to arrange for a return.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Hisham.

Thanks, Hisham. I’m looking forward to your message. Eiji

It looks like my initial guess about the response pad not being programmed properly by the factory was correct. The person who can configure it won’t be able to do so for at least another week, so I asked our staff to send you a new replacement one today.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

By the way, when I connected the response pad to a Windows XP machine with the USB drivers already installed on it, I was able to use SuperLab – only the name is different. A new box is on its way to you.

Same problem

Okay, I’ve been running a study using SuperLab and the RB-730. It’s worked fine for the first year. Took a break from data collection for 3 months and went back in today to start back up but it’s giving me the same response as above. So, my box WAS programmed correctly originally but now all of a sudden it’s not? What can I do?