XID Timing - Feature Request

Dear Hisham

Please could you consider adding a feature to the XID timing system that would allow the T0 event to be reset from an external TTL based source? This would allow experimenters to synchronise the true onset of their stimulus presentation with the T0 of the reaction time. For example, our VSG system can output a TTL pulse at the true frame-based onset of a visual stimulus presentation.

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

Following on our conversation at the Psychonomics meeting, I’ve been thinking about this feature request and how we can implement it without code-bloating the firmware.

I think that we can implement it for the Lumina fMRI controller whereas the external TTL based source is the controller’s existing scanner trigger input. Implementing this feature for the RB-x30 response pads is likely to result in code bloat that I’d rather avoid, but I’ll keep this in mind as the pads come up for a revision – perhaps we can add an external timer reset/trigger connector similar to Lumina’s.

Would this work out for VSG?

Hisham.

Hi Hisham

Thanks for considering the request. Are you proposing to add a feature to the XID interface for the Lumina system that would allow an external trigger detected on the Trigger Input BNC to reset the Lumina Controller’s on-board timer? If so, this would be a great. It would be neat to have it for the other boxes in the RB series too.

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

Are you proposing to add a feature to the XID interface for the Lumina system that would allow an external trigger detected on the Trigger Input BNC to reset the Lumina Controller’s on-board timer?

Yes. It’ll take some time but we’ll do it.

If so, this would be a great. It would be neat to have it for the other boxes in the RB series too.

The RB Series pads would need to wait until they have a physical trigger connector. I’m reluctant to add this feature to reset the timer via the Accessory Connector for fear of heading down the bloatware path.

Regards,

Hisham.