NBS Presentation: get scanner trigger and behavioral response from Lumina

Dear All,
we have recently acquired a Philips scanner with a SensaVue system, i.e. a stand-alone presentation system that integrate a Lumina controller.

I would like to know if there is any way to obtain the behavioral response (button presses) and the trigger signal directely from the Lumina controller. I need to use them with my laptop and the NBS Presentation software.

If so, how could I connect my laptop with the Lumina? It is only needed a USB cable or I should use some other port/cable?

Thanks in advance for your precious help.

L.Fuzi

You will need:

• A USB cable to connect the Lumina controller to Presentation
  • Install the USB driver

As for the trigger from the scanner, you can have that go directly into our Lumina controller, which would then forward that information on to Presentation.

Thank you for your response

Dear HisHam,
I have followed your instruction, but I cannot be able to select a USB input on Prestentation.
My Presentation (version 18.3) does not include a USB input, but only serial and parallel inputs.

How can I fix that?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Lino

From Presentation’s point of view, it is serial port. This is because, when the USB driver is installed, it emulates a serial port.

Hi - I have the exact same set up and issue (i.e., looking to obtain the trigger signal from the Lumina controller with NBS Presentation). We have the controller connected to the laptop with Presentation, but cannot seem to receive the trigger. Is the Lumina/Presentation support page and XID plug-in still live (https://cedrus.com/support/lumina/tn1215_presentation.htm throws an error for me)? Has there been an update to this issue and if so can you please redirect me to the page?

Thanks for your time,

Sarah

Yes, we continue to fully support Presentation. The page was moved to “Using Lumina with Presentation ”, but the latest version will always be found on this one:

https://cedrus.com/support/lumina/tn1643_presentation.htm

The plug-in supports both the old and the new controllers. Let me know if you run into any issues after installing the Presentation plug-in.

I installed the Presentation plug-in by registering the extension “CedrusXidDriver.dll”

I had to select “Don’t register with Windows” from Extension Manager Window, otherwise it would not register.

When I went to re-enumerate response devices, I received the following error message (see image)

Please advise on what else I should try to make this work. Thank you in advance.

Please see this thread: