Matlab to Stimtracker to Scan?

I have recently purchased new computers for my EEG facility, but I have not upgraded my amplifier (SynAmp2). I have installed the latest version of Scan (4.5) to one of the new computers for EEG recording. As for presentation of stimuli, instead of using Stim like I used to in the past, I want to use Matlab. So I have the Matlab computer connected to the SynAmp2 box via a 25-pin parallel port, because this is the trigger port that’s available on the SynAmp2 box. And then SynAmp2 is connected to the Scan computer via a USB port. I know that these last 2 components communicate without a problem because I can see the EEG trace. However, I can’t see the triggers coming from Matlab.
I found out that I don’t have the right 25-pin parallel port card installed on my Matlab computer. It is a simple printer port, but SynAmp requires a PCI-x card. However, my new computer uses a PCIe interface.
Do you think that purchasing a StimTracker could solve my problem?
Will StimTracker detect stimuli sent by Matlab via a USB port, and then send the info to SynAmp via a 25-pin parallel, and then will I see the trigger on scan?
I am concious that I may need to adapt my coding in Matlab, but my concern at the moment is getting the hardware right.
Many thanks!

Yes, StimTracker would help solve that problem. We worked with Neuroscan folks to ensure that.

One thing that is not clear to me in your post is why does SynAmp require a PCI-x card. I thought it only took a DB25 connector. But then, I am not familiar with SynAmp to know.