We have a Matlab script that uses a Cedrus Response Pad for user input. The script works fine with an RB-530, but hangs with an RB-540. We've tried two different RB-540's so it doesn't appear to be a broken hardware issue.
1. The dip switches are all down on all RB devices (XID protocol).
2. On the RB-530, the LED on the back is lit, but on the RB-540 it flashes twice when plugged in, but otherwise remains off.
3. Our script is using this function to talk to the response pad: http://docs.psychtoolbox.org/CedrusResponseBox
4. Our script hangs executing: CedrusResponseBox('RoundTripTest', crb_handle);
5. Pressing any key on the response pad during the hang results in this error: 'Roundtrip test did not receive "X" char as expected', so clearly the code is executing, but not receiving the character that was sent.
1. I can't find any documentation specific to the RB-540. Does that exist?
2. Is there any documentation of any protocol differences between the RB-530 and RB-540?
3. Any thoughts on what might be going on?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!