DavidBrocker92 is on a distinguished road Posts: 19

I am trying to make an experiment where I have a four scene array and then a cue will appear next to each one. The problem I am running into is that whenever I upload the cue as a stimulus file it never has the fixation cross at the middle so I have to play around with the horizontal and vertical alignment. This creates a problem because now I have four events that need to randomized but always come in a certain order.

The experiment is set up as follows:

A fixation cross is shown>a four scene array is show>a cue appears either on the bottom left, bottom right, upper left, or upper right, participant responds>repeat.

But the way I have had to work around it has made it show all four cue locations after each other because if I group them together in a stimulus group they will lose their alignment settings.

I will attach the experiment below.

Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Four Scene (1.75 MB, 8 views)
Hisham is on a distinguished road Posts: 1,167
Posted March 10th, 2016 #2
The cue files contain the same fixation cross. Is the intention that the cue file will overwrite the existing fixation cross at the same location?
Arman is on a distinguished road Posts: 172
Posted July 28th, 2016 #3
By default, SuperLab aligns the center of images at the center of the screen, represented by the green circle:

However, because your fixation crosses are not at the center of your images, this is what you are experiencing:

Center the fixation crosses in your images.

Also, in your case, you should change the size of your cue - fixation cross images to the size of your stimulus array (~ 400 x 340px). This is so your red cues will better match the position of your stimuli.