I've just spent the day trying to read SuperLab data output files into SPSS. I used Dataviewer to first merge the output of several participants - that's a great feature! While I can read the resulting merged output file into Excel, save into .xls and then read it into SPSS from the .xls format, this is not preferred since I cannot then control the field sizes and end up with SPSS files that aren't compatible with each other. With a few changes though, the text files can be read in. It would be great to incorporate these changes into the next version of SuperLab.
1. In a text editor, I had to do a global change to remove all the quotation symbols.
SPSS only allows a single text delimiter - in the output files, some text is delimited by quotes, and some isn't.
RECOMMENDATION: SuperLab should not put quotes around any of the text it spits out - the tab delimiters are enough.
2. In a text editor, I did a 'SAVE AS' with the line feeds in UNIX format. SuperLab is generating Mac format line feeds - SPSS can't understand them, so when I try to read in the text file, it generates thousands of variables.
RECOMMENDATION: SuperLab on the mac should generate UNIX line feeds. SPSS and all Mac programs can handle them.