geraney

geraney is on a distinguished road Posts: 7
Text input not stored using runtime license, Posted December 17th, 2015 #1
I created a program in which participants see a metaphor and then type interpretations in a text box. The experiment works fine when I run in using a full version of superlab (tried it on two computers and it worked fine). When I run the program on a computer with the runtime license, whatever is typed in the text box is not stored. The response is listed as NR. I tried this on three computers with runtime licenses and got the same results on each computer. I am using superlab and runtime versions 4.5.

I attached the program. If you test it, I suggest you unlink most of the trials. As is, you need to wait for 60 seconds for input for each trial, so running the entire experiment would take a while. That being said, if you escape out of the program you will still see the problem.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Attached Files
File Type: sl4 Pilot study superlab.sl4 (46.5 KB, 2 views)
Hisham
Founder

Hisham is on a distinguished road Posts: 1,131
Posted December 24th, 2015 #2
We will look into whether this issue happens in SuperLab 5 after the New Year’s.

As for SuperLab 4.5, the best advice that I have is to make sure that you are using the latest version 4.5.4 available for that product.

And last but not least, I wish you happy holidays!
Hisham
Founder

Hisham is on a distinguished road Posts: 1,131
Posted January 18th, 2016 #3
Gary, the issue that you described was fixed in SuperLab 4.5.2 (see the release notes for that version).

Download and try using it with the latest 4.5.4 run-only version:

Mac: http://www.superlab.com/v4/files/sup...4_run_only.dmg

Windows: http://www.superlab.com/v4/files/sup...4_run_only.exe
Tags
data output, string input. text box, text box